How to Get Around Calculus Ledges
This video explains how to get the tip of your pocket applicator around a calculus ledge to access the gum pocket.
This video highlights what a calculus ledge is and what causes it. Why it is important to get past a calculus ledge to address an active infection.
- 0:22 How often to use your pocket applicator for active infection
- 0:28 The key to using your pocket applicator
- 0:38 How to know if you have a calculus ledge
- 1:22 Strategy to get around a calculus ledge
- 1:56 What sensations to expect
- 2:09 How to get around a calculus ledge
- 3:23 What to do if you still can't access the gum pocket
- 3:44 Alternative to root planing